Crazy Stuff People Say on Tinder & Why You Should Stay Away
I want you to eat Nutella off my body… Tinder can be great, it’s instant and fast and its quickly become a popular dating app. But are you jumping on the bandwagon and giving men the wrong impression?
There are certain reasons you should stay away from Tinder. You are a precious gem, not a disposable paper cup, so why are you on a website that promotes instant, disposable impressions of people that are 100% based on looks. You are so much more than your looks.
Old school dating or even slower online dating allow for the connection to build, its not an instant YES or NO in .05 seconds. Is this really the way to meet quality people for sincere interactions? You’re not a toy in a shop window, you’re or a complex human being that can’t be summed up in 2 seconds.
Tinder is for hookups and that’s what most guys are using it for.
Yes, you may hear some crude comme-ons at a party, but the anonymous nature of Tinder makes these comments flow freely from guys that would never say these things to a live woman in front of them.
The Creep Factor
Once upon a time people sent “winks” or “flirts” online or actually met and chatted in person. These situations gave a woman a little time to use her instincts to assess if this person was a complete nut job, a liar or someone she was or wasn’t attracted to. Instead of getting your hopes up and then realizing that it was all a mistake, it is better to know what you are getting into by meeting someone in person from the start!
You don’t have any actual idea if the person on Tinder is 100% made up with a fake picture and this can be DANGEROUS! So stay away from Tinder meet-ups in general or at least have someone else with you when you decide to meet and do it in a public place.
Messages from the craZeE to the crude.
Here are some actual comments women received on Tinder.
- I’m missing vitamin U
- I want you to eat Nutella off my body
- As a future doctor I’m usually pretty busy but I’m pretty sure I could have you pregnant by this afternoon.
- if your as honey as i am text me right now
- I can’t believe they let us use this app in prison, hows it going?
- 2 quick questions.. Do you like the lion king? And how do you feel about roll playing in bed? (I’m open to most pre-1997 Disney animated films if lion king isn’t your thing)
- Only 37km away from being bent over and taken from behind.
- If I was a watermelon would you spit or swallow my seed? Let’s just cut to the chase by watermelon I mean penis.
- if you have a face i’ll have somewhere to sit. By the way I go to Harvaard.
- You look like you like sex
- Are you a middle east dictator? Because there is a political uprising in my pants.
- Wanna be my cum dumpster?
Ahhh, like a box of chocolates…
What you will get on Tinder may be great, or it may be upsetting, insulting and discouraging. Our survey respondents said that 10-50% of their interactions on Tinder are just crude propositions.
Shocking messages from strangers. Guys who judge you on your looks and have no filter. Putting yourself out there to be instantly judged by strangers as “I’d do her” or “No thanks.” And the possibility that the person you’re communicating with isn’t even who they say they are — or possibly worse, a dangerous threat! Sound appealing? We didn’t think so.
What to do when you get unwelcome crude responses? Ignore it, don’t respond. But the best answer may be to try another method for finding quality people, like a slower more traditional website or even better an in-person venue like speed dating or another singles event. They may not be perfect, but you – and he – will respect you more for it.